Monday, June 11, 2012

We got away!!!

Before we got married Mr. D and I did pre-marital counseling with my Uncle, who married us.  One thing that he said to us, and we have never forgotten, is that we as a couple need to take time and put time into our marriage.  He told us that he and his wife take weekends away together even if "getting away" is a night away just down the street.  We have taken this advice to heart and tried our best to do so.  There are a million reasons why getting away can sometimes seem difficult; we're too busy, it's too expensive, we can't find a babysitter...all understandable however nothing should ever get in the way of working on your marriage.  Which leads me to our weekend away!  We talked about a number of possibilities but decided on hitting the big city of Toronto together.
  Mr. D works in Toronto everyday, however it's an exciting city and a city we visited often when we were dating.  Friday afternoon I dropped The Boss off at her grandparents and headed for the city.  I felt kinda like the Bachelorette...meeting my handsome date in a big city, and running around care free like two kids in love. I actually felt butterflies in my stomach checking into the hotel and meeting my man in the lobby.  We spent a wonderful weekend shopping, eating out and drinking lots of coffee...while it was still hot.  It was such a wonderful time to reconnect with my Man and focus our attention on each other instead of our wild child!
 If you have the opportunity I really encourage you to take sometime with the one you love.




And the best part about being away is coming home.  The Boss loved every second of individual attention from her grandparents but was even more thrilled to see us when we got home.  The weather was awesome so we finished the weekend the best way we knew how!


*Later this week we will return to The Boss' second birthday party and the tutorials that accompany it.

No comments: