Friday, December 23, 2011

Almost Christmas


I am off today until January 5th!  How lucky am I?  The Girl and I are taking full advantage of some quality time.  We played babies and coloured this morning.  Soon we are off to get her hair cut and out for lunch with my girlfriend from University.  The laundry is rolling and we are starting to pack...it must be Christmas!

So while I run around and get ready for the holiday,  here is a fun little Christmas Quiz I borrowed from Casey Wiegand's blog.  A must visit blog!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Coffee first, but if I've had my coffee Hot chocolate 
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa sets them up ready to play with instantly...Santa does not have time to wrap!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, our ornaments are red and white.  It was Hubby and my compromise our first Christmas.  Traditional colour if it wasn't going to match my living room! :)  See our ornament disaster 2008 here.


4. Do you hang mistletoe? No...never even crossed my mind.
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as Hubby will let me.  Usually the weekend before American Thanksgiving...it's normal here in Canada.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Nothing specific...probably just the sweets.  I'm not a real foodie.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? When we were kids we were not allowed to leave our rooms Christmas morning until my grandparents had got there and Dad had "checked" to see that Santa came.  I remember collecting in our rooms as sisters waiting and HOPING Santa hadn't forgotten our family.  When we were given the go ahead we would march down the stairs to see what Santa brought.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Um...probably way too late.  I think I was pretty old.  Hang on to your innocents...LOL.  Plus at our house he stops coming when you stop believing...motivation?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We get new "Christmas Pj's" at my parents house on Christmas Eve.  You must be wearing them when you come back Christmas day for gifts. I LOVE this tradition.  Nothing quite like the annual Christmas jams.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Red and White.  Each year I add something new.  I am slowly replacing cheap bulk ornaments with ones that have meaning.


11. Snow! Love it or dread it? LOVE it for Christmas.  If it's going to be cold we should have snow.  It's not looking good this year.
12. Can you ice skate? My entire life, used to do it competitively!  Then I married a Floridian, so it's been a while.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really, to be completely honest and rather cliche, I love buying and giving gifts.  I am so excited about what I have found or picked out.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Time as a Family.

Our sweet girl last year.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My Mom makes mistletoe pie, a family fav.  It's a chocolate wafer cookie crust, with vanilla ice cream, and lime sherbet on top.  You can then drissle it with warm raspberries. (We all call the raspberries jam and bock it, drive my Mom and Nana crazy...it's part of the tradition).  
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Jammies on Christmas Eve.

Mommy and the poor sickest baby
 last year in our matching jammies.
17. What tops your tree? A star. 
18. Which do you prefer: Giving or receiving? Giving! 
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? Yummy!!
20. Favorite Christmas show? I have lots of favourites.  Elf, Love Actually, This year The Girl is loving Frosty the Snowman.
21. Saddest Christmas song? Don't They Know It's Christmas Time
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? O' Holly Night

No comments: