Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Party

This weekend my niece turned one and my sister and brother-in-law hosted our family and friends to celebrate their baby girl.  They had a butterfly theme which went perfectly with the time of year.  My sister used bright colours and fun decorations to make her special day perfect.

 The beautiful host...my Sister with her Pottery Barn inspired Butterfly Mobile


Here's the Pottery Barn version...$89.99


...and my sister's. 


Isn't it amazing!!!!  She used scrapbook paper from the dollar store, fishing line and a twig.  
They looked adorable and were a hit with the kids!


I helped create these Martha Stuart inspired centre pieces.  We followed this tutorial for the flowers and then my sister added butterfly pictures she had taken at a butterfly conservatory.


The birthday girl had the perfect dress for her party too.


Finally, could this cake be anymore perfect?  My Brother-in-law is a chef, and this cake tasted as good as it looked!


Happy Birthday Baby Abby!

No comments: