Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home Office Decor

One thing that I have learned from working from home is that a boring office leads to a boring day.  In order to be inspired you must be surrounded by inspiration...or at least a few pretty things.  I am currently involved in a number of home reno projects and my office is not the top of the list so I did this quick project until I have time to do the whole office.  In the mean time...I saw this fun cork board in a home decor store and thought, I can do that!  So I got started making my chic bulletin board for my soon to be chic home office.  I started with this beautiful piece of art from a second hand store.  It cost me $9 not sure if it was the frame or amazing image inside that made it so pricey (JK).
  

I took it apart and sprayed out the frame in with Krylon spray paint in a glossy white finish.  This made the dated gold frame fresh and modern.

When it was dry I glued cork board to the back and hung it on my wall.  Tada!  A beautiful, fun, piece of art for my office.  I love how it came out.


The other great thing about this is it can be used for photo collages or decor storey boards when needed. This could also be done in a smaller version with old frames that aren't being used to house business cards or other small reminders on your desk top.  

This was so easy to do and I love the way the spray paint updated this frame.  This project has inspired me to pick up other frames I see in my travels and do the same thing.  This is an inexpensive way to get great looking frames while re-using and removing our carbon foot print!

Featured on:

pretty-in-paint-krylon-300x300.png

3 comments:

Unknown said...

girl after my own heart.

Don't you just want to spray paint everything you own that's not being used RIGHT NOW?!

Love it!!

Worth the $9 frame :)

What thrift store did you scope out?!

ypastorswives said...

I love it too Chels! Great Job! I love how blogging has made (at least me) get a little more creative than I used to be! haha.

Cheeky D said...

Thanks girls!

@Sarah: I agree I want to spray EVERYTHING! It's my new fix. I do the rounds in Guelph my favs though are the bible mission and value v sometimes value v i expensive though.lol. There are two new ones though, Salvation Army beside value v where burger king is and goodwill where the old 3 star was (haven't been there yet)

@Christy: I am way more creative and thrifty. I see things I want and realize I could do it myself!